Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Accident

I just discovered a lovely blog called Enjoying Life. Barb is very talented at making simple yet stunning cards, something I am NOT good at at all. And I'm really impressed with how she uses color on her more complicated cards. 

I was inspired to try a technique Barb described called "watercolor blocking" where you put distress stains on your craft mat, spritz it with Perfect Pearls mist, and then smoosh your acrylic block into the color and stamp it on paper. When I tried it, I was delighted to discover the grid lines on my block transferred to the paper, something I had not expected. I'm making tags for everyone's birthdays this year, and think this will make a wonderful background!

I made quite a few using different colors, but they weren't photographing well. I thought the pic above would give you the general idea, though. I just love happy accidents. Thanks, Barb!

By the way, Barb is giving away some fabulous blog candy, pictured to the right. Click on the link to her blog, located above, to enter.

2 comments:

  1. I love happy accidents too! And this one is beautiful! I don't have any acrylic blocks with grid lines - it looks so cool! Thank you so much for the mention, and I'm so happy I inspired you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really intrigueing! I shall have to try this myself and see what "accidents" come about!

    ReplyDelete