Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Start the Art

I am still really struggling to find my mojo, as evidenced by the fact that I haven't posted anything since the first of February. This is extremely difficult for me because I struggle with debilitating physical and mental disabilities, and paper crafting has been my coping mechanism for over two years now. To lose my mojo, and my love for the craft, has sent me into a spiraling depression.

A couple of months ago I decided to try keeping an art journal to see if it would help reignite the fire, and frankly, it did the opposite. I am just not an artist, and everything I made looked like mud. But I kept at it, and three thrown-away journals later I finally made a few spreads that I liked, so I decided to go ahead and make a title page for that specific journal. This was the result.

I totally stole the whole idea, from the "Start" sign to the text, from someone else. I found her artwork months ago while looking for inspiration, and loved it so much it stayed in my head all this time. Unfortunately, I have no idea where I saw it, and feel terrible that I can't give her complete credit. If anyone happens to see this and recognizes her work, would you PLEASE let me know who had the original idea?

I really struggled with copying it so completely, but finally decided it was better to make SOMETHING than nothing. Like I said, I'm just not an artist, and really struggle with inspiration. I've just decided to be okay with that. The alternative is to do nothing.

I am entering it in the Inspiration Emporium's Playing with Watercolors Challenge.

Recipe:

Inktense watercolor pencils.
Dylusions "Luscious Leaves" Stencil
Dylusions Sprays in "Fresh Lime," "Vibrant Torquoise," and "London Blue."
Dylusions " Background Love" stamps
Cuttlebug letter dies
Sakura Glaze and Souffle pens
White and black gel pens
Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment