Thursday, September 8, 2011

For the Bachelorette

My daughter asked me to make a card for a friend's bachelorette party, and this is what I came up with. This was actually one of the hardest cards I've ever made because I cut it out by hand, and getting the round part accurate was not easy. I also generated the sentiment on the computer, so positioning the template so the words would be in the right spot took a few takes. Finally, getting the bra and panties to look exactly right took even a few more takes. But, when it finally came together I was very happy with it.


I absolutely LOVE the paper I used for the bra and panties. It's actually a fabric paper that's made in India  and is very similar to eyelet with sparkles in the holes. It was expensive though--$1.99 a sheet! I had a 20 percent discount coupon, so that helped, but lord almighty, that's a lot of money for one sheet of paper!

 I know it's hard to see, but the sentiment reads: Even though you're getting married, you'll always have your assets. My daughter came up with that, and to be honest, I'm not crazy about it. But, I was unable to come up with anything better on my own, and it's what she wanted, so I let it go.

I am indebted to Stamp Owl who provided the template I used to make the card.

Materials:

C'oredinations brown paper
The Paper Company Silver Dot fabric paper
Fiskars Lace border punch
Disney pink rhinestones
Recollections rhinestone hearts
pink roses and seam binding ribbon bow from stash

Challenges:

Aud Sentiments--for a girl
Craft Creations--anything but a square
Truly Scrumptuous--decorate the inside of the card.
Paper Take Weekly--anything goes or a shaped card

11 comments:

  1. This is so cute, I just love it. I have seen them beforek, but this one is tops! Thanks for playing along with us at Kelley Kid's.

    Tammylee
    DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya there,

    Oh what a great card, this is unusal and oh so GIRLY and just perfect for our Girly Girl challenge at Kelly Kid's challenges!

    Good Luck!

    Have a great week end!

    Take care
    Big hugs
    Casper (Dt)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful cheeky card. Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Truly Scrumptious. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Hun love the idea thank you for joining us at truly scrumptious this week for our challenge

    Wendy TS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations for our anything but a square card challenge! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHA LOVE THIS CARD!!!!!! Hysterical!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so CUTE! That paper really is FABULOUS...totally worth the $1.99, lol....Love the design of the card and I can see how it'd be quite tricky. Thank you for joining us at DYSU this week...I am VERY glad that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is cute and really creative. That paper is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for the Do You Stack Up Challenge Blog Texture Challenge! Please join us again for the next challenge!

    ~Heather
    Kurly-Q

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cool and creative card...

    Thanks for stopping by and entering my blog candy and posting it on your blog.... Good Luck..

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute and fun card. Perfect :) Thank you for playing along with us over at Truly Scrumptious, and good luck. Hope to see you at our next challenge as well
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - you really worked hard on this card. I'm sure the recipient will love it Hugs, Lili B

    ReplyDelete